A Petition

I beseech the Sky, so far, so high!
I beseech the Earth, so large,
Whose end man cannot see!
I appeal to all human beings,
Children of Dragon and Fairies,
who are living in alien countries,
To be kind to those unfortunate victims
Of battles and wars so cruel,
For ever maimed in their bodies and souls,
Who wander here and there,
Aghast at hopeless memories
Amid horrendhous ghouls.
You are full of compassion,
Help them! Help them overcome
Their distress!
Your kindness is as high as mountains
And as vast as oceans!
I beseech the Sky, I beseech the Earth
To be kind to them,
The unfortunate victims
Of battles and wars
So cruel!
***
NguyễnSư Giao, disabled ex- serviceman
Nạnggỗ.22
Adaptation Đặng Vũ Nhuê'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Le mendiant

Supplique ou Un appel au secours